Today's families, more then ever struggle to find time to spend together. Cub Scouting is a family centered program that will provide your child with a variety of experiences and a whole lot of memories for the family to share.
Cub Scout Pack 165
- Cub Scout Pack 165 was formed in 1955 and is proudly chartered by the Thiells United Methodist Church.
- There is (1) Pack Meeting and (1-2) additional Den Meetings per month from September to June and continue with our Summertime events and camper-ship opportunities.
- Our Pack and Den Meetings are mostly held on a Friday night in the Thiells Elementary School Gym.
- The majority of our Scouts attend Thiells Elementary School, West Haverstraw Elementary and Willow Grove, however we actively welcome any child who wishes to participate in Scouting to join our Pack.
- Yearly dues for National/Local Council BSA registration fee, Council insurance is $132. There is an additional Pack fee for Pack sponsored awards, Den adventure pin/loops and rank appropriate scout handbook. Vendor events require an additional fee.
- Among the highlights of our Scouting program are Pinewood Derby, Hiking, Special Camping and Overnight Trips, Army Sporting Events, Raingutter Regatta, Service/Conservation projects, our Annual Awards Banquette and simply plain old FUN!
- Cub Scout Pack 165 is also the proud recipient of the National Summertime Pack Award for the last seven years straight and we plan on continuing the tradition for many years to come.
- All members of the Pack Leadership Team meet or exceed the minimum training requirements of the BSA, are enthusiastic in what they do. Our leaders understand that youth safety is of the utmost importance and, much appreciatively, are volunteers.
- For additional information about joining Pack 165 please contact Mrs. Deanna L. Matias, Cubmaster @ firstname.lastname@example.org.