Dues are necessary so there is enough money to cover the expected costs of providing a quality program. Specifically, the dues cover the following:
- All your kits for the year (pinewood derby, popsicle stick bridge, materials for service projects)
- Attendance to all the Pack events (Camping Trips, Guided Hikes, etc), including materials and snacks when applicable
- All the pins and badges your scout earns throughout the year
- Character and Life Skills to serve you and your child for decades to come
Some special programs and outings may have additional costs. We will notify you for those specific events. Dues are subject to change each scouting year. Currently, our pack dues are $20 per Scout and $10 each additional Scout, per month
. All newly registered Scouts will receive a Pack 345 t-shirt to be worn at special Pack events. If you are a returning Scout and would like to purchase more t-shirts, please ask a Leader!
When do I pay?
- For returning Scouts, dues must be paid and registration must be completed by the end of the 1st week of every month.
- For new Scouts, registration can be completed at any time. However, dues must be paid within 30 days of registration date.
- You may register online here: https://my.scouting.org/online-registration/502e998f-41ef-4dca-bf53-98fd12e8efe1/applicant-type
- For insurance purposes, only registered scouts and their families will be permitted at scouting events. Every Scout AND Parent MUST have completed Youth Protection Training (YPT) and have a medical AB Form on file with the unit PRIOR to taking part in any event.
What if I cannot afford the dues?
No scout will ever be turned away for financial reasons. If a family finds the dues difficult to pay, please contact any leader.
What about popcorn sales?
In addition to the pack dues, we participate in a popcorn sales event each year. The revenue generated by this event is used to fund the Boyscouts of America, Georgia-Carolina Council as well as provide additional revenue for the pack. The additional revenue is used to fund special outings for the Scouts. We feel that rather than using the popcorn money to reduce pack dues, the Scouts should be rewarded with special events for their hard work. The pack council regularly meets to discuss suggested outings. If you have a suggestion, please contact your den leader. The popcorn sales program is managed by TrailsEnd, which is only affiliated with the Boyscouts of America. For information on the program, as well as the rewards, please visit this page: TrailsEnd Benefits