100 POINTS. EACH QUESTION WORTH UP TO 4 POINTS.NEED 75% TO PASS.
(Write down your answers on a separate sheet of paper.)
Name; _________________________________________ Patrol; __________________Score;________
1) In many public parks & grounds you may need a _____________to build a fire.
2) In areas where campfires are not allowed you may need to cookon a ____________________.
3) Name two of the four fuels commonly used in camping stoves.
4) Never leave a lighted stove _____________________.
5) Always keep a campfire under complete ____________________.
6) Clean a campfire site down to _________________ , then removeall burnable material away from it for a radius of ______________.
7) If you must prepare a new fire site remove a (how many) _______________foot square piece sod and place it in a _________________ place with whichside up?
8) What are the three categories of materials needed for a properfire?
9) Break or saw fuel wood into pieces about _____________ long.
10) Name three types of fire lays.
11) What is a fuzz stick? When is one used?
12) How is a 'fire bug' made?
13) Name three types of campfire 'fireplaces'.
14) Name two ways to waterproof a match.
15) Name three ways of starting a fire with out matches.
16) What is the Cold Out test?
17) When putting out a fire sprinkle ______________ on the embers,then _____________ the embers with a stick.
18) When water is scarce, what two items can be worked into the coalsto extinguish the flames?
19) When using charcoal, you should light the briquettes how many minutesbefore you need them?
20) List two fire fighting tools (not water).
21) Write the cooking slogan that campers use.
22) Never take tinder or fuel from a ______________ tree.
23) Keep a supply of dry tinder in a ________________________.
24) What should a fire site be examined for before leaving the site?
25) Write the Outdoor Code